Chemistry Symposium / Science Olympiad
What Is Chemistry Symposium/Science Olympiad?
A day of competitive individual and team events for high school students sponsored by University of the Cumberlands, its Science Departments, and the ACS Student Affiliates chapter. This collection of activities has been designed to offer challenges in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Communications and Theatre Arts.
Spanning a wide range of academic competitions: written tests, verbal quick-recall, demonstrations, laboratory experiments, problem solving and construction - all in a framework of competitive challenge and fun with the purpose of:
- exciting young people about science
- promoting science endeavors in the high school
- encouraging careers in science
- rewarding academic excellence
- featuring the most versatile and varied science competition in the state
- offering the opportunity to see science facilities and meet the science faculty and students of the University of the Cumberlands.
Scheduled date: Friday, November 19, 2010
*Pre-registration dateline: November 8, 2010
***Registration after November 8, 2010 and on-site registration acceptable.
*The advantage of pre-registering early are the discounted entry fee and to secure places for competitions with limited slots.
***If you plan to attend without pre-registration, please call, email or fax us so that we can better plan for your visit.
Phone: (606) 539-4322
Fax: (606) 539-4319