Early elementary education (P-5) is for students who want to teach young children.
Cumberlands’ education program provides an excellent foundation for students who seek a career in teaching. As an education major, you will benefit from working with professors who have practical teaching experience and from access to our instructional media library with its variety of teaching materials and media.
You’ll also have an opportunity for field study during your 12-week practicum at one of several schools within the district.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
What you can do with a major in Education:
- Teach students in your certification area and level (elementary, middle school, high school)
- Tutor at-risk students
- Serve in children’s or youth ministry
- Become a textbook representative
- Teach or train employees in large companies
- Become an educational consultant
- Teaching on military bases or in international schools