Dr. Fred B. Sagester
Professor of Education
Associate Chairman of Education
- Cumberland College – 1969 BS - English, Health, and Physical Education
- University of Notre Dame – 1975 MA - English
- Purdue University – 1981 Further Studies
- Xavier University – 1982 Educational Administration
- Nova Southeastern University – 1996 Ed.D. – Educational Administration
- Dr. Sagester was a high school English teacher from 1969 to 1984. He entered administration in 1984 through 2001 and served as a Middle School Principal, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, High School Principal, and Assistant Superintendent in Ohio and Indiana
- From 2001-2002, he was the principal of a private school in Florida.
- From 2002 through 2010 he was the Executive Director of the Indiana Virtual Academy
- He was an adjunct instructor for the University of the Cumberlands from 2009 to 2010.
- His employment at the University of the Cumberlands began in May 2010.
- Additional university teaching experience included Purdue University, National Lewis University, and University of Phoenix Online.
Courses Taught for University of the Cumberlands:
- EDOL 533 – Educational Technology
- EDOL 633 – Instructional Leadership and Technology
- International Association of K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
Office: Room 223-A Andersen Building