The purpose of Tau Upsilon Alpha, the National Organization for Human Services Honor Society, is to honor academic excellence; to foster lifelong learning, leadership and development; and to promote excellence in service to humanity.
Students who are majoring or minoring in human services and have completed 36 cumulative hours, with a cumulative 3.25 GPA, are eligible for membership in the society.
Each year, the students in UC’s chapter of the Honor Society participate in awareness activities on campus, such as:
- Encouraging fellow classmates to write positive messages with chalk on the campus sidewalks to raise awareness for mental health stigmas and domestic violence on college campuses.
- Sponsoring a domestic violence awareness activity that asked students to use their creativity and design a paper t-shirt that would support victims of domestic violence.
- Visiting patients at the Williamsburg Health and Rehabilitation Center around Christmas and Valentine’s Day.
- Serving at the Crossroads Soup Kitchen in McCreary County, Kentucky.
- Participating in local and statewide child abuse awareness activities.
For more information about joining UC’s chapter of Tau Upsilon Alpha, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.