Admitted Student Information
Congratulations! Now that you have been accepted for admission, take a few moments to look over this checklist of things that you will need to do to finalize your enrollment and ensure your spot as a UC student.
Follow These Steps For A Smooth Transition:
- 1. Set up your computer account. To open your account, you will need your University ID number. (You will find this number by your name in your acceptance letter.) Your Computer Network account will grant you access to Patriot WebMail and to MyUC – Cumberlands’ online portal. Your MyUC portal will allow you to view information such as your application status, a checklist, financial aid information, etc.
To set up your account, you will complete an information form. In the space on the form that indicates “Last 4 digits of SSN,” you should place the last 4 numbers of your student ID number. To complete your account set up, click here. (If you have any difficulty with this process, contact the Office of International Relations)
- Apply for housing. An online housing application is available here. It is important to complete your housing or housing exemption application as soon as possible.
- Submit your Student Health Information Form. All new students must complete the immunization/health information form as soon as possible after being admitted You may print one from here. The form can be scanned and sent by email to email@example.com or you may fax it to the Office of International Relations at 606-539-4238.
- Make application for your F-1 Student Visa. You will need to secure an I-20 form from the Office of International Relations to use as you make application for your student visa. You should apply for your visa as soon as possible to make sure you can meet the required arrival date.
See important information below:
Independent Students (those who do not work with enrollment agents): You must pay the full balance due for the first semester of classes before an I-20 form will be issued. To see instructions for making advance payments, click here. Once your payment of university fees is received, your I-20 will be sent to your mailing address by international courier.
Students who work with approved enrollment agents: Your I-20 form will be sent to your agent by international courier, along with a formal copy of your acceptance letter. Although you are not required to pay your full balance due for the first semester of classes to receive your I-20 form, you may choose to make your required payment before arriving at the university. To see instructions for making advance payments of your university fees, click here. If you do not make a payment in advance, your full balance will be due upon your arrival.
All Students: When you receive your I-20 you will need to schedule an appointment with the Visa Consular’s Office at the U.S. Embassy in your home country nearest to you. Prior to your visa appointment, you will need to pay your SEVIS I-901 fee. You will need to take a printed receipt for this payment with you to your visa appointment. For more information on the SEVIS I-901 fee, click here.
- Make your travel arrangements. University of the Cumberlands is centrally located between the Bluegrass Airport (LEX) in Lexington, Kentucky (2 hours from campus) and McGee-Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, Tennessee (1½ hours from campus). Both offer daily flights on most major airlines. Greyhound Bus Lines has a small terminal in London, Kentucky, (½ hour from campus). Free transportation is provided to campus from each of these locations by the Office of International Relations for each student’s first arrival. Students must submit a completed Arrival Form to the Office of International Relations at least 2 weeks before arrival.
Note: If you will be participating on an athletic team, be sure to communicate with your coach before making your flight arrangements. Student athletes who participate in fall sports are often required to arrive on campus for summer practice sessions a few weeks prior to the beginning of the school semester.