Orientation 100: First Year Experience (OREN 100) is a half-credit course, taken during your first semester and is designed for all first year students with fewer than thirty hours, as an orientation to college life.
OREN 100 has a three-pronged focus:
- to provide group-building activities so that you feel more comfortable in your transition to campus;
- to help you improve your understanding of campus services; and
- to reflect upon the various career pathway options within a selected major
Ins & Outs
- Under the supervision of our Student Success Coordinators, your class is led by upperclassmen.
- The class meets during SOAR, Welcome Week, and at key points throughout the first semester.
- The class provides you with hands on activities to help you learn about UC support resources.
- The UC PREP team utilize MAP Works to provide targeted early intervention resources.