The following requirements must be met for admission to the Executive Master of Science in Information Systems Security program:
- Completed Graduate Application and payment of the associated fee
- A completed undergraduate and/or graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5. Submission of an official transcript is required.
- The transcript must include the degree and date on which it was conferred and a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT): 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT): 79
- IELTS: 6
- Students applying for residency and an F-1 VISA must provide a copy of their current Passport.
- Admission to the EMISS Program is completed by a review of the above documents.
- Upon Admissions to the EMISS Program a non-refundable $500 deposit is required for course registration.
All admissions materials (including transcripts) should be submitted to International Graduate Admissions:
University of the Cumberlands
International Graduate Services
6150 College Station Drive
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Phone: (606) 539-3577
Tollfree: (800) 343-1609 ext. 3577
Transfer of Credit Policy
A maximum of nine semester hours of credit may be transferred from an accredited graduate institution. Transfer credits must be in courses equivalent to courses in the program. All transfer credits must be approved by the Program Director and the Registrar and have been earned within the last five years. Grades for any transfer credits accepted into the program do not count in the program GPA.