University of the Cumberlands has been named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). There are just over 200 universities nationwide with CAE-CD designation. Only two other universities in Kentucky are included in this elite group.
Admission to our University is very competitive as well as selective and we review each application by the same standards.
- Application and Application fee
- Official Transcripts must be received for all undergraduate and graduate coursework from accredited colleges or universities directly from the issuing college or university
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of a 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Any international course work complete must have official transcript evaluations completed and submitted to the University by the evaluation firm. Evaluations MUST include GPA for admission. Approved Evaluation Firms are:
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at an accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
All admissions materials should be submitted to Graduate Admissions:
University of the Cumberlands
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street Suite C
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Toll Free: 800.343.1609