Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I pay for my classes?

You can contact our Bursar’s office at or (606.539.4472) to discuss your payment options.

Are all of the classes online?

All graduate courses are online, with the exception of the Physician Assistant program.  Some of the courses do have online meeting times, for which you will be required to be available and in class for 1 ½ hours one day per week, per course.  If your course has a meeting time, it will be designated on the course listings in the section search, linked here:

What is a bi-term?

Traditional 16-week semesters are broken down into two 8-week terms with our online graduate and undergraduate programs.

Where do I buy my books?

You can access the bookstore’s website at the link below:

How many classes can I take at a time?

Students are able to take a maximum of two (2) courses per 8-week bi-term.  Program director approval is required for additional courses per bi-term.

What is the deadline to apply?

The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, the Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling program, and the PhD or EdD in Counselor Education and Supervision program do have registration deadlines.  Students are required to have their application and interviewed completed, be admitted, and be registered in classes by this deadline in order to begin courses in the upcoming bi-term.  The deadline is three (3) weeks prior to the start of a term

What is the difference between the section numbers on the course listings?

Courses designated at “Lectures 01-09” are for our 100% online students.  Those designated as “Lectures 20-29” are for students in our Executive Master’s or Doctorate degree programs which are processed by our International Graduate Services office.

How can I tell if there are seats available in the class I need?

If a course in your section search show a closed book on the left side, and says “0 of 20,” “0 of 30,” etc. this course is full.  If the course shows an open book on the right side and has seats available, it is available for registration.

Is there a waitlist for classes that are full?

There is no waitlist for full courses; however, you can always access your MyUC portal to check for course availability.

Where can I find the course descriptions?

You can check for course descriptions in the academic catalog, by locating your desired program.

Are the courses semester credits or quarter credits, since the classes are 8 weeks?

All online graduate course credit hours count as semester credit hours.

Can I submit the Verification of Employment through my self-service center?

No, this document must be completed and submitted to our office on your behalf. This is not a document that students are able to submit on their own.