Admission to the Online Master in Criminal Justice Administration Degree program will be based on evidence that the applicant has demonstrated academic proficiency and the capability for success at the graduate level.
Documentation for the following items must be received before an admission decision is made:
- Completed Graduate Application and payment of the associated fee
- A completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official Transcripts must be received for all undergraduate and graduate coursework from accredited colleges or universities
- Completion of Supplemental Questions focusing on the applicant’s academic preparation, professional experience and aspirations in pursuing an Online Master’s in Justice Administration
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT): 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT): 79
- IELTS: 6
- Successful completion of an interview with the Program Director or the Program Director's designee
- Submit two letters of reference assessing the applicant’s academic and professional potential and the character and maturity of the applicant. One letter must be from a member of the law enforcement or corrections community
All admissions materials should be submitted to Graduate Admissions:
University of the Cumberlands
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street Suite C
Williamsburg, KY 40769
An applicant whose undergraduate transcript does not meet the minimum requirements as defined above may be admitted to the program conditionally. The terms of Conditional Admission include:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.60 on a 4.0 scale.
- Possible completion of specified undergraduate prerequisite courses during the first two (2) semesters of enrollment with grades of “B” or better
- Maintenance of a GPA of 3.0 during the first twelve (12) hours of master’s level coursework.
Candidates for the Online Master's in Criminal Justice Degree Program may be admitted with Advanced Standing if they have completed career development training and education through the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council (KLEC), other appropriately credentialed professional agencies or organizations in Kentucky, or appropriately credentialed professional agencies or organizations in states outside of Kentucky.