Associate's in Gaming
- What is an Associate's in Gaming?
- What Careers can you do with an Associate's in Gaming?
- Is an Associate in Gaming Worth It?
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
What is an Associate's in Gaming?
An AS in gaming is a 2-year game design degree that can prepare learners for entry to the gaming industry in areas such as software development, game design, quality assurance testing and game programming. Through this game design degree, learns can develop their approach to the lifecycle of game development, enhanced through specialized focuses within programming and UX/interactive design.
As the gaming industry continues to shift to align with consumer demand, innovative creators are vital to keep pace with an ever-shifting gaming landscape. The associate’s in game design can develop learners to meet current and future techno-creative challenges within a continuously evolving gaming industry.
What Careers can you do with an Associate's in Gaming?
For technical creatives who aspire to playing a role in the gaming industry, an associate’s in game design can position learners for entry into this cutting-edge field. Game design degree graduates have the opportunity to transfer technical and creative expertise to jobs such as the following:
- Video game designer
- Video game artist
- Quality assurance tester
- Software developer
Is an Associate in Gaming Worth It?
Making the most of your passion with a degree credential can help you achieve the future you want in the gaming industry. Earning a gaming degree from University of the Cumberlands may be worthwhile for several reasons:
- You could gain entry to the gaming industry. Even though it’s a creative field, game development is highly tech-driven and roles such as software developer and game designer generally require a degree that develops key technical skills in game creators.
- You could increase your marketability. An associate degree be key to advancing in a current role in the gaming industry, or an increase in salary, with the new expertise and skills that can transfer directly from the classroom to your career.
- Refine your career path—commit to your career goals. A degree program can help you define your career goals so you can commit your time and energy in the right place—in your learning and job search!
- Enter your industry even faster. A 2-year game design degree can help you gain the expertise and degree credential you want even faster so you can accelerate your career pursuits.
Curriculum and Degree Requirements
If you’re looking for a gaming degree that can help you make the most of your career aspirations, this associate’s in game design can prepare you in the fundamentals of game design and development so you can pursue entry or advancement in the exciting gaming industry.
UC’s Associate of Science in Gaming Program will prepare you to:
- Apply the fundamentals of interactive/UX design
- Develop your approach to the lifecycle of game development
- Apply game programming concepts to real-world gaming applications
- Leverage web design tools within video game design/development
The curriculum for the associate’s in game design can develop you in the building blocks of game development, including web design, interactive/UX design, fundamentals of databases and object oriented programming. This 60-credit game design degree program requires 18 credit hours in core subjects such as web design, video game programming, and game development.
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information..
Visit Us In Person
6178 College Station Drive
Williamsburg, KY 40769