The mission of the Online Human Services degree Program provides students the opportunity to develop the foundation of knowledge and skills required to work within the helping profession. The Department’s curriculum emphasizes coursework that enhances self-awareness and increases understanding of personal values, while fostering appreciation of diversity and the needs of humanity. Human services degree students are provided education in the areas of professional helping skills, behavioral theory and current social issues. Social workers degree majors are equipped to conduct ethical practice, establish appropriate boundaries and apply their skills within professional environments that offer to people.
Online Bachelor Degree in Human Services Program Goals:
- Facilitate an appreciation of self-awareness and the diversity of humanity, especially as this relates to the variety of human services careers
- Provide students with a core knowledge base in human behavior theory, research methods, and social welfare policy in preparation for a career and/or graduate study
- Promote understanding of the human services perspective related to individuals, groups, & communities
- Integrate healthy professional boundaries & best ethical practices within a human services capacity
- Demonstrate professional helping skills within the classroom and apply the skills within a professional environment.