The Patriot Scholars program offers scholarships to qualified students who exhibit strong leadership, academic potential, and seek to better their community. University of the Cumberlands offers new students the opportunity to receive a scholarship worth up to $3,000 per year. Award recipients will enjoy the benefits of the scholarship for up to eight full-time (12 credits or more) semesters.
Do you have what it takes? Applicants must submit their application by the February 1st priority deadline.
In order to apply, you must meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum 3.5 cumulative high school GPA and a 26 ACT, 1240 SAT or 90 TOFEL score.
• Display characteristics of servant leadership, academic excellence, and a commitment to community service.
The application process will include submission of an essay and three letters of recommendation. Scholarship recipients will be notified after the priority deadline has passed.
In order to be considered for the Patriot Scholars scholarship, you must also choose one of the prompts below and submit an essay response to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. What worries you the most about your environment or society and the world at large? What do you think you as an individual can do to help improve this problem?
2. In chaos theory, the butterfly effect state that one cannot alter a single thing from its place in history without creating a ripple effect that changes the present. Think about a change you would make to history and tell us how it may affect the world.
3. If you were promised that you would be told the answer to one question you were to ask, what question would it be and why do you think it’s important to know the answer?
4. Think of a movie or a book you’ve read where the main character had to make a particularly tough decision. What was the choice they had to make and do you agree or disagree with their decision? Why?
5. What is a belief or opinion you have held that you ended up changing your mind about? What made you alter this belief?
6. You must spend the next year of your life in either the past or the future. Which year would you choose to spend time in and why?