First Year Foundation
The First Year Foundation program helps prepare and support all first year students for a success at Cumberlands. The program includes four areas of focus and incorporates aspects of historical university programs and higher education best practices.
This website serves as a resource to all incoming students at UC. Be sure to continually check back for updates, reminders, and a chance to connect with the fall entering class! We look forward to working with you.
Three Focus Areas
- SOAR - Summer Orientation Advising & Registration
- FIG - Freshman Interest Groups
- OREN100 - a first year study course
Watch Your Email!
Keep your eyes open! You will be receiving several important emails in the coming weeks from us that will need your response. Watch your email for more information and don't forget to check your spam folder. Several of the key emails will include information regarding:
- how to RSVP for your SOAR session
- selecting your preferred fall class schedule
- a welcome from your INSIGHTS professor
- and many more!