University of the Cumberlands and the Department of International Graduate Services are excited for you to join us as a Patriot! To help with your transition into our graduate program, the Department of International Graduate Services (DIGS) hosts an orientation for new international students at the start of each semester. Make sure you keep the orientation date in mind when making your travel plans.
What Happens at Orientation?
During orientation, international student advisors and faculty discuss a variety of topics to help you learn about maintaining your immigration status and being successful at University of the Cumberlands. We plan a full schedule of sessions to get you acquainted with the University and provide many opportunities to answer your questions.
Sessions will include topics such as accessing your MyUC account and immigration compliance. These sessions will introduce you to your responsibilities as an F1 student and review university expectations. Each session provides detailed information about your rights and responsibilities as an international student.
Student Immigration Check-In
Immigration regulations require F-1 students to report to International Graduate Services after they arrive in the United States. Students transferring to UC from another institution must also report. A hold from International Graduate Services will remain active on your student account until all check-in and orientation sessions have been completed.
Prior to Arriving:
- Schedule your transportation and accommodations for the evening.
- Get more information about transportation and accommodations from the UC Visitor’s Guide
- Complete the online orientation module in iLearn. You must watch all of the video presentations and successfully complete the Orientation Quiz prior to your orientation weekend.
- Complete your I20 Request.
- Transfer your SEVIS record to UC (if you want to see a DSO).
What to Bring:
- Current Passport
- Last I-20 from previous school (for transfer students who have not received an I-20 from UC)
- Copy of Social Security Card (if available)
- Copy of I-94 (if available)