The Master of Science in Information Security at University of the Cumberlands focuses on information security challenges relating to mitigating the risk of loss or disclosure of data. With the combination of the ubiquitous nature of electronic information and the associated security risks, the field of information security has become a critical need for every organization.
The graduate degree in cybersecurity is comprised of the following 31 required credit hours.
Systems Security Courses – 31 Credit Hours Required
- ISOL 531 – Access Control
- ISOL 532 – Telecommunications and Network Security
- ISOL 533 – Information Security and Risk Management
- ISOL 534 – Application Security
- ISOL 535 – Cryptography
- ISOL 536 – Security Architecture and Design
- ISOL 631 – Operations Security
- ISOL 632 – Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning
- ISOL 633 – Legal Regulations, Compliance, and Investigation
- ISOL 634 – Physical Security
- ISOL 699 – Information Security Project (1hr) OR INTR 599 – Applied Practical Learning approved substitution