Ready to make your next move in gaming a move toward a career in the cutting-edge game development industry? Amplify your aspirations with a bachelor’s degree in gaming from University of the Cumberlands. A gaming degree can help you build expertise across the life cycle of game development, and enhance these fundamental skills and theory through an understanding of the social and cultural impacts of the gaming industry.
- What Is a Bachelor's in Gaming?
- What Careers can you do with a Bachelor's in Gaming?
- Is a Bachelor's in Gaming Worth It?
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in gaming is an undergraduate degree that focuses on the foundational elements of the gaming industry in areas such as gamification, game design, and development to equip learners for entry into this growing, techno-creative field. The game design degree program introduces learners to the basic concepts of gaming and how it has adapted to function as a socially conscious and educational pursuit.
As consumer audiences continue to redefine the gaming industry, a well-rounded understanding of the contemporary landscape of gaming at the intersection of creativity and technology is vital. The BS in gaming degree develops creators who can navigate the challenges of a continuously shifting industry.
Graduates who aspire to gain entry to the techno-creative gaming industry have a wide gateway into this job field. So, what kinds of careers could you pursue with a bachelor’s degree in gaming?
Pursuing a degree in something you’re passionate about is an investment in your future, and earning a gaming degree from University of the Cumberlands may be worthwhile for several reasons:
- You could prepare for entry into the gaming industry. Technical roles such as software developer and game designer generally require a degree that can develop the technical skills needed for success in these roles.
- You could boost your earnings and job security. A bachelor’s degree in software development or quality assurance testing can mean a more lucrative salary. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, software developers and quality assurance testers could earn a median annual salary of $109,020.
- Refine your career path—commit to your career goals. A degree program can help you define your career goals so you can commit your time and energy in the right place—in your learning and job search!
- Utilize your newfound knowledge right away. Put your learning to work doing what you love before you even graduate. Your flexible program lets you keep working and immediately apply insights gained in the classroom to the field.
If you’re ready to take your gaming career to the next level, a game design degree can be the bridge you need between your passion and your career path! Intended for those who aspire to gain entry into the gaming industry, this bachelor’s degree in gaming can help you boost your credentials and accomplish your professional goals.
UC’s Bachelor of Science in Gaming Program will prepare you to:
- Design video game concepts for diverse audiences
- Apply the fundamentals of interactive/UX design
- Understand the basic concepts of gamification
- Create advanced multi-player game environments
- Adapt games for a mobile platform
As the gaming industry continues to experience growth and diversification within consumer demand, a bachelor’s program could help you grow and adapt along with it. If you’re ready to make your move to this cutting-edge industry, we have the tools you need.
The curriculum for the bachelor’s degree in gaming can develop you in key areas, including game development, interactive/UX design, key elements of gamification, gaming as a learning and simulation tool, and advanced multiplayer platforms.
The 120-credit gaming degree program requires 39 credit hours in core subjects such as web design, video game programming, and game development. A capstone project lets you apply your cumulative classroom education to a real-world scenario.
Click here for Course Details
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information.