Looking for a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice that will help you take your law enforcement career to the next level? The online criminal justice bachelor’s degree program from University of the Cumberlands can help you prepare for or advance your career in the field of corrections and criminal justice. Criminal justice courses enable students to communicate and practice effectively on the job with clients and colleagues so they may pursue lives of responsible service and leadership.
- Mission and Goals
- Degree Requirements for Online Criminal Justice Degree
- Bachelor's in Criminal Justice: Jobs & Outlook
- Is a bachelor's degree in criminal justice worth it?
- More Information on Online Criminal Justice Degree
University of the Cumberlands is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and dedicated to providing you with a core knowledge base to prepare you for your chosen career. Our accomplished faculty teach our criminal justice online classes and help you to enhance your understanding of the roles of society and law enforcement in response to unlawful behavior. In these courses, you gain an appreciation of the diversity of humanity and an understanding of how cultural factors impact everyone in the criminal justice system. You’ll also strengthen your critical thinking skills by fostering an understanding of criminal conduct and behaviors as well as clarifying personal values related to working with lawbreakers.
Courses are designed to give you a robust view of the applicable areas an online criminal justice bachelor's degree can be used. Courses include, but are not limited to:
- Probation and Parole
- Juvenile Justice
- White Collar Crime
- Death Investigation
The purpose of the Online Criminal Justice Bachelor Degree Program is to prepare graduates for a career within the field of criminal justice and corrections. Students from the online CJ program will be able to communicate and execute necessary tasks effectively with clients and peers, pursuing a life of responsible service and leadership.
ONLINE BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROGRAM GOALS:
- Provide core knowledge base in criminal justice in order to prepare you for a career within the justice field and/or graduate studies
- Enhance an understanding of the roles of society & law enforcement in response to deviant behavior
- Appreciate diversity and understand the impact of cultural factors within criminal justice system
- Cultivate an understanding of qualitative and quantitative methods of research and writing applicable to the criminal justice field
- Strengthen critical thinking skills through an understanding of deviance & clarifying personal values related to working with deviant populations
As part of University of the Cumberlands’ Bachelor in Criminal Justice online degree requirements, each student must complete at least 120 semester hours, including those within the major and the coursework required to fulfill the degree requirements within:
- General Education
- Bachelor Core Requirements
- Special Area of Concentration
- Elective Courses
General Education Sections
- The English Language
- Christian Faith and Values
- Natural and Mathematical Sciences
- Cultural and Aesthetic Values
- Social Sciences
Bachelor Core Requirements
- SOCI 131 Intro to Sociology
- CRJS131 Intro to Criminal Justice
- CRJS 233 Corrections
- CRJS 234 Policing
- CRJS 331 Deviance and Society
- CRJS 334 Society and Criminal Law
- CRJS 338 Homeland Security
- CRJS 431 Criminology
- CRJS 434 Ethics in Criminal Justice
Special Area of Concentration
- Law Enforcement Management
- Criminal Profiling
- Chaplain / Prison Ministries
Nine (9) credit hours, three (3) of the following courses from below:
- CRJS 235 Police Patrol
- CRJS 236 Probation and Parole
- CRJS 336 Criminal Investigation
- CRJS 337 White Collar Crime
- CRJS 432 Criminal Victimization
- CRJS 433 Juvenile Justice
- CRJS 435 Death Investigation
- CRJS 439 Internship*
- CRJS 490 Special Topics in Criminal Justice*
- HSRV 404 Understanding Child Maltreatment
*With permission of the Department Chair, these classes may be taken twice.
What kind of careers can you pursue with a bachelor’s in criminal justice? Those with this degree can find careers in law enforcement, corrections, social work, and more. Graduates from UC’s online criminal justice program can find potential careers as:
- State Police Officer
- Deputy Sheriff and Police Officer
- FBI Agent
- ATF Agent
- Border Patrol Agent
- Corrections Officer
- Federal Air Marshal
- Customs Enforcement Officer
- DEA Agent
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration is expected to fill more than 795,000 openings by 2030. As of 2021, the BLS estimates 7% job growth for police and detective.
When you work in the criminal justice field, you make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis. You’ll protect the greater good by helping those in need and serving people. A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice can be put toward pursuing further educational opportunities and career advancements in a broad range of careers related to criminal justice.
More and more people are pursuing continuing education and professional development training from online schools. It’s a flexible and cost-effective option for those wishing to take their career to the next level. University of the Cumberlands also has an accelerated online bachelor's degree option, allowing you to complete your program in even less time.
Do you have questions on the specifics for admissions? Learn more about the Admission requirements here!
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information.
The professors that you get to interact with on a daily basis, will guide you as you try to move forward in your degree. Learn more about the Online Criminal Justice Faculty.
Curious about bachelor’s degree in criminal justice requirements? Job prospects? The cost of bachelor’s degree in criminal justice programs? Want to learn more about our test-optional college admissions process? UC is here to help. For more information about our on-campus or online criminal justice bachelor’s degree programs, fill out the form on this page.
National FOP University
University of the Cumberlands is proud to support members and families of the Fraternal Order of Police. We have partnered with the National FOP University to offer members and their families exceptional academic programs that are structured to be some of the most affordable in the nation. FOP members can also apply to University of the Cumberlands free of charge.
Visit Us In Person
649 S. 10th Street Suite C
Williamsburg, KY 40769
A University of the Cumberlands degree prepares you for the rigors of the professional world. Click the button to learn more about the exciting career opportunities you can pursue with this program.