Believing there is a commonality of learning essential to enable the individual to function intelligently, University of the Cumberlands seeks to provide those learning experiences through which the student will gain knowledge and develop skills requisite for abundant living.
The general requirements for graduation from the University of the Cumberlands are the completion of at least 128 credit hours including General Education.
- 74 semester hours required in the sections of General Education
- 33 semester hours required in Bachelor Core Requirements
- 21 semester hours required from Elective Courses
General Education Sections
- The English Language
- Christian Faith and Values
- Natural and Mathematical Sciences
- Cultural and Aesthetic Values
- Social Sciences
Bachelor Core Requirements
- HSRV 131 Survey of Human Services
- HSRV 234 Basic Counseling Skills
- HSRV 331 Individual and Family Assessment
- HSRV 332 Group Dynamics
- HSRV 335 Research Methods in Human Services
- HSRV 336 Human Services Administration
- HSRV 338 Case Management
- HSRV 436 Human Diversity and Ethics
- HSRV 439 Professionalism in Human Services
- HSRV 461 Internship & Seminar
NOTE: HSRV 439 will be required for students who do not meet the GPA requirements to enroll in HSRV 461/462 Internship and Seminar.
One of the following:
- Human Behavior
- Psychology and Human Development (For Counseling Concentrations)
You may choose any of the courses that are offered within UCumberlands Online. If a course has a pre-requisite, as long as you meet the requirements, and have not previously taken it, you can take the class. Your elective choices are vast and not limited to your degree.