As a private Christian university, the University of the Cumberlands places significant value on the contributions of individuals through active participation in leadership positions within their local church or Christian organizations in their school or community. The Christian Leadership Scholarship Program seeks to acknowledge the leadership contributions of deserving students by providing scholarship funds and leadership opportunities while attending UC.
Scholarship recipients are automatically enrolled in the Freshmen Leadership Development Program sponsored by UC Campus Ministries, which is used to strengthen one’s Christian faith while also further developing leadership qualities. After completion of the program, students will be placed into leadership positions in one of the university’s affiliated ministries for the remainder of their tenure at UC. The scholarship is renewed annually based upon consistent and meaningful leadership contributions within the assigned ministry area. Extracurricular commitment for the scholarship will be equivalent to that of serving as a player on a university athletic team.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
• Be actively involved in a leadership position within a local church, school sponsored Christian organization, or other Christian organizations or activities within their community.
• Plan to be a new first-year student at UC.
• Complete the scholarship application and submit it, along with all recommendations by December 1st.
• Complete the admissions process and be admitted to the university by December 1st.
• Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1st.
Priority consideration will be given to students who have completed all of the requirements by December 1st but applications submitted past the deadline will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please indicate your level/frequency of participation in the following areas:
Three completed recommendation forms are required as part of the application process. One recommendation must come from a Pastor. Please indicate the following information for the individuals you have selected to complete a recommendation form on your behalf. We will email them the recommendation form to complete. We encourage you to list individuals who can speak to your participation, leadership, and contribution within your church or other organizations.