PhD, Cybersecurity Leadership, Capitol Technology University, 2021
PhD, Information Technology (IA/Cybersecurity), Capella University, 2019
MS, Government Information Leadership, National Defense University, 2019
MS, Organizational Leadership, Nyack College, 2018
CIO Graduate Certificate, National Defense University, 2017
MBA, University of Maryland Global Campus, 2013
MS Cybersecurity, University of Maryland Global Campus, 2012
BS, Information Systems Management, University of Maryland Global Campus, 2010
BA, Psychology, Long Island University – Brooklyn, 1996
Dr. S. Raschid Muller is a certified Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) with 20 years of experience working in federal, state, and local governments. While employed at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), he’s held the following roles:
• Deputy program manager for Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
• Program manager for Cybersecurity Infrastructure Tools (CSI).
• Contracting officer representative for the Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS).
• Rotational engineer for the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks & Information Integration (ASD-NII) at the Pentagon.
• Sole-source acquisitions lead for DISA, AFNIC, and STRATCOM for cloud solutions.
• Technical recruiter for the Strategic Outreach & Talent Acquisition Division (SOTAD).
• DISA Information Operations Chair and Visiting Professor at National Defense University (Capitol Hill).
As a Cybersecurity subject matter expert, he’s served as the DoD CIO Representative Integrated Project Team (IPT) – for the Modeling and Simulation Community on Cybersecurity at the Pentagon and the National Defense Industrial Association Government Representative on DoDAF 2.0 frameworks. He holds several vendor IT security certifications and is a member of the DoD Acquisition Corps. Dr. Muller is a 2020 Brookings Institute Executive Education – LEGIS Congressional Fellow and serves on the Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Innovation subcommittee under the House Committee for Homeland Security for the Honorable Chairman Bennie Gordon Thompson (D-MS). In 2021, he will attend the Executive Leadership Academy as a Fellow at UC Berkeley's Goldman School of Public Policy. His portfolio consists of oversight of the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA/DHS), election security, cyber curriculum and development, cyber policy, and HBCU/MSI STEM engagement for DHS. He is a veteran of the United States Navy.
Muller, S. R., & Lind, M. (2020). Factors in information assurance professionals’ intentions to adhere to information security policies. International Journal of Systems and Software Security and Protection, 11(1). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Muller, S. R., (2019). Factors that Predict Information Assurance Professionals’ Intentions Towards Security Policies: A Quantitative Study. ProQuest