The Forcht School of Nursing
University of the Cumberlands is proud to be a leader in educating health care professionals through the Forcht School of Nursing. A role in nursing offers the opportunity for rewarding career paths serving the health and well-being of others. University of the Cumberlands' nursing degree and training programs give students the knowledge and skills to pursue jobs at all levels of nursing practice. Programs are among the most affordable in Kentucky and available on-campus and online.
Our nursing degrees and associated medical science programs can help students enter the field, as well as bridge more advanced educational and career goals. Program paths include:
- Certified Nurse Aid (CNA)/Medicaid Nurse Aid Training – The Medicaid Nurse Aide Training (NURS 100) course prepares students to sit for the certification exam and for entry-level CNA jobs.
- Associate of Nursing (ADN) - Registered Nurse Licensure – The ADN degree prepares students for entry-level nursing jobs as well as for BSN degree studies.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – The 100% online RN-BSN degree can build on an ADN degree and/or current nursing experience and can be completed in as little as 12 months.
- Master of Science in Nursing Family Practitioner (MSN-FNP) – The MSN-FNP program prepares graduates for advanced registered nursing practice in a family healthcare setting. This program builds on current RN experience and a BSN level of education.
Led by faculty with real-world experience, our programs emphasize a practitioner-focused curriculum to prepare graduates to immediately begin serving in the field. Our program benefits include:
- Convenient online format – RN to BSN and MSN-FNP degrees can be completed entirely online
- Hands-on learning – State-of-the-art simulation lab offers applied experiences
- Accelerated program – RN-BSN degree can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Accreditation – RN-BSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- NCLEX-RN preparation – ADN degree program prepares students to sit for the NCLEX-RN license exam
- Medicaid Nurse Aid Training – State Registered Nurse Aide or Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) preparation
Jobs across this field are in high demand and graduates can support patient care in a variety of workplace settings, from hospitals to medical clinics. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for an RN with a BSN is $73,300. At the master's level, nurse practitioner jobs are growing at a much faster-than-average rate of 45 percent, and an average annual salary of $115,800.
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information.
In addition to the overall institutional accreditation statement above, the Associate Degree Nursing Program has been granted Developmental status by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. Effective June 23, 2020, the Associate Degree Nursing program at University of the Cumberlands located in Williamsburg, KY is a candidate for initial accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. This candidacy status expires June 2022.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The Online RN-BSN Degree Program at University of the Cumberlands is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. Accreditation was initially issued in Fall 2015.
The Family Nurse Practitioner - Online Nursing Master's Program at University of the Cumberlands is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education , 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
<span id="stepOne">Step 1: Complete the Online Application</span>
Step 2: Request Official Transcripts
Request Official Transcripts be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street Suite C
Williamsburg KY 40769
Undergraduate Admissions (On-Campus)
6178 College Station Drive
Williamsburg KY 40769
Step 3: Degree Completion Plan
Degree Completion will be discussed once transcripts have been evaluated by the registrar.