Campus Crime and Fire Report
- 2020 - Crime
- 2020 - Fire
- 2019 - Crime
- 2019 - Fire
- 2018 - Crime
- 2018 - Fire
- 2017 - Crime
- 2017 - Fire
- 2016 - Crime
- 2016 - Fire
- 2015 - Crime
- 2015 - Fire
- 2014 - Crime
- 2014 - Fire
- 2013 - Crime
- 2013 - Fire
- 2012 - Crime
- 2012 - Fire
- 2011 - Crime
- 2011 - Fire
KRS 164.9481 Duty of postsecondary institution to maintain crime log -- Duty to report to campus community on crimes and threats to safety or security of students and employees.
(1) Crime Log:
(a) Each postsecondary education institution shall make, keep, and maintain a daily log, written in a form approved by the Council on Postsecondary Education that can be easily understood, recording all crimes occurring on campus and reported to campus security authorities or local law enforcement agencies, including:
1. The category of crime, and a description of the incident, date, time, and general location of each crime; and
2. The disposition of the complaint if known, including referral for prosecution, institutional disciplinary proceedings, or investigation by another state agency. The disposition shall include a reference to an investigation or incident report number.
(b) All entries in the campus crime log shall be made available for public inspection within twenty-four (24) hours after the first report of an incident was made to any campus security authority or local law enforcement officials.
1. If there is clear and convincing evidence that the release of the information would cause a suspect to flee or evade detection, would result in the destruction of evidence, or is prohibited from release by law, the information may be withheld until that damage is no longer likely to occur from the release of the information. Only the information that is absolutely necessary to withhold for the reasons stated in this paragraph may be withheld; all other information shall be released.
2. In the event information is withheld under the provisions of paragraph (a) of this subsection, the crime shall still be reported and made available for public inspection.
(c) The campus crime log required by this section shall be readily accessible and open for public inspection at all times and shall be made available on campus computer networks to which students, employees, and other campus community members have access. Each semester the institution shall notify currently enrolled students, students applying to the institution, and employees of the availability of the campus crime log, where it can be accessed, and the exact electronic address on the computer network.
(2) Special reports: In addition to the campus crime log, each postsecondary education institution shall make timely reports to the campus community on crimes reported to campus security authorities or local law enforcement authorities determined by those authorities to present a safety or security threat to students or employees.
(a) The reports shall be made available to students and employees within twenty-four (24) hours after an incident N first reported.
(b) The information shall be reported in a manner that will aid in the prevention of similar occurrences.
(c) Institutions shall use computer networks and post the reports in each residential facility. The institution may also use flyers and other campus publications including newspapers, and other media.
(d) Each institution shall adopt a policy to comply with this requirement and the policy shall be included in the postsecondary education institutions annual campus safety and security report published in compliance with KRS 164.9485.
Effective: July 14, 2000
History: Created 2000 Ky. Acts ch. 190, sec. 2, effective July 14, 2000.