Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Initial OPT Application
Applications for Optional Practical Training can be submitted up to 90 days before your program end date and no later than 60 days after your program end date.
Initial OPT Employment Notification Form
An OPT employment notification must be submitted when a student on initial OPT obtains employment or changes employment.
- Initial STEM Application
Complete this application if you are requesting the STEM extension for the first time. Do not submit this application if you are already on STEM OPT and are needing to change STEM employers.
- Change of Employer STEM Application
Complete this application if you have already been authorized for STEM OPT and need to change your STEM employer.
- STEM End of Employment Reporting Application
Complete this application when employment with a STEM employer has ended.
STEM EMPLOYMENT REPORTING APPLICATIONS:
DHS requires students on STEM OPT to report STEM participation to a DSO at UC every 6, 12, 18, and 24-moths from the STEM authorization date as listed on the EAD card. Failure to report in a timely manner will result in the DSO not being able to verify employment on your SEVIS record.
Please be sure you are completing the correct employment reporting application before submitting. Do not submit a reporting application if you are only on initial OPT. Reporting applications can take up to 10 business days to be processed.
- 6-Months Reporting Application - Does not require submission of the I-983
- 12-Months Reporting Application - Requires submission of completed pages 1-5 of the I-983
- 18-Months Reporting Application - Does not require submission of the I-983
- 24-Months Reporting Application - Requires submission of completed pages 1-5 of the I-983