University of the Cumberlands has been named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). There are just over 200 universities nationwide with CAE-CD designation. Only four schools in Kentucky are included in this elite group.
Admission to our University is very competitive as well as selective and we review each application by the same standards.
- Submit official transcripts from all applicable colleges/universities attended; must be received directly from the issuing college or university.
- A completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Any international course work complete must have official transcript evaluations completed and submitted to the University by the evaluation firm. Evaluations MUST include GPA for admission. Approved Evaluation Firms are:
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at an accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
- Duolingo - 100
- International students applying for executive-format and seeking F1 VISA status must provide a copy of their current passport
- Admission to the Executive Program is completed by a review of the above documents
- Upon admittance into the Executive Program, a non-refundable $300 processing fee is required for course registration
All admissions materials should be submitted to International Graduate Admissions:
University of the Cumberlands
International Graduate Services
649 S. 10th Street Suite B
Williamsburg, KY 40769