Ready to take the next step to a rewarding business career? Consider earning an associate degree in business administration. You’ll build a strong foundation in the basics of business management and prepare for opportunities that call for a college degree—whether you’re hoping to climb the career ladder at your current organization, break into a new industry, or start your own business. And with the option to study online, you can reach for bigger goals on your schedule.
- What is an Online Associate Degree in Business Adminstration?
- What Can I Do with an Online Associate Degree in Business Administration?
- Is an Online Associate Degree in Business Administration Worth It?
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Admission Requirements
An online associate degree in business administration is an undergraduate business program that teaches fundamental business management skills. Traditionally earned in about two years of full-time study, the degree calls for about 60 credits of coursework. Along with general education courses, you’ll study essential business subjects like accounting, marketing, economics, and managing a team. And you’ll gain the skills and credentials you need to help your resume stand out to potential employers.
Wondering how an online associate degree in business administration measures up to a traditional program? Typically, both contain similar coursework, so you won’t miss out by opting to study online. If you’re seeking to change or advance your career while working full time, this flexible format could be perfect for you.
An online associate degree in business administration could be the entry point to a rewarding career or a steppingstone to earning your bachelor’s degree. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, management occupations will add over 364,000 new jobs over the next decade. Most of these careers call for a college degree. For roles such as property, real estate, and community association managers, earning an associate degree could help you stand out to employers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, these professionals earned a median annual salary of $59,230 per year in 2021.
Additionally, an associate degree in business will help you build skills you can apply in nearly any industry. Graduates may go on to pursue roles in fields such as financial planning and management, securities and credit services, real estate, banking, buying and purchasing, management, and more.
Earning an online associate degree in business administration from an accredited school may be a worthwhile investment in your future for the following reasons:
- Career enhancement. Today, employers look for candidates with a college degree and the skills needed to advance to higher-level roles. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, management jobs should increase as businesses launch or expand, creating need for employees to run their operations. Earning your associate degree in business administration could be a great start.
- A higher salary. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers with an associate degree earned over $8,000 more in median annual earnings than workers with just a high school diploma. Not only could your investment in your education pay off quickly, but you could continue to see salary growth over the course of your career.
- A flexible learning format. You don’t have to choose between your current responsibilities and achieving your educational goals. Earning your associate degree online offers the flexibility you need to build new skills in business administration while studying from the comfort of home.
- A steppingstone to bigger goals. After earning your associate degree, you could be halfway to achieving a bachelor’s—if that’s your goal. When you earn your online associate degree in business administration from University of the Cumberlands, your credits will transfer seamlessly to our business administration bachelor’s program.
Our online associate degree in business administration is designed for decision makers who want to lead in a 21st-century global marketplace. Our 61-credit curriculum combines liberal arts with business insights to prepare students for their goals—whether that’s launching a new career path, advancing within a current role, or seeking further education.
Courses are designed to give you a full view of the business landscape and introduce you to potential career paths you could pursue with your associate degree in business administration. Get the expertise you need to succeed with courses in accounting, economics, marketing, management, business ethics, and legal business strategy. You’ll build the robust skill set employers look for, including critical thinking, effective communication, organization, and information management. You’ll also learn how to formulate problem-solving strategies, use business technology to achieve organizational goals, and think outside of the box.
Looking for a school of business management that covers all the bases? The Hutton School of Business at University of the Cumberlands, which houses our business administration associate degree program, is a leading business school offering the flexibility of online learning. Our expert faculty challenge students to assess their personal values, connect them to ethical behaviors in today’s marketplace, and identify opportunities to make a positive impact.
Requirements for an Associate of Science in Business Administration – 18 semester hours as follows:
- BACC131 Principles of Accounting I
- BACC 132 Principles of Accounting II
- BACC 331 Principles of Management
- BADM 136 Microeconomics
- BADM 137 Macroeconomics
- BADM 334 Principles of Marketing
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
In order to be considered for admission to this University of the Cumberlands online program students must complete the following:
- Apply online
- Submit official transcripts from all applicable colleges/universities attended; must be submitted directly to University of the Cumberlands from the issuing institution and must be sealed or unopened.
- If you have 0-11 hours of college credit, an official high school transcript must be submitted showing a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. GED students must provide official scores from the General Education Development Test (GED). Click here for the GED to GPA calculator.
- If you have 12+ hours of college credit, you must submit an official college transcript with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. High school transcripts are not required if you have obtained 12+ hours of college credit.
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or a report from Duolingo. This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at an accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
- Duolingo - 95
All admissions materials should be submitted to:
University of the Cumberlands
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Toll Free 800.343.1609
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information.
In addition to the overall institutional accreditation statement above, the Hutton School of Business at University of the Cumberlands has received specialized accreditations for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page. Please review our Public Disclosure of Student Achievement.
Click here to view a list of the business administration faculty.