PRE-ENGINEERING YOUR BRIGHTER FUTURE
Do you want to be at the forefront of bringing change to the world, designing new technologies or creating the processes that manufacture products of tomorrow? Take your first step toward an engineering career with a pre-engineering major at University of the Cumberlands.
What is pre-engineering? It’s the core coursework you need to master before turning toward a specific engineering field. At University of the Cumberlands, our Physics Department will give you the detailed information you need to ultimately pursue your engineering degree. Pre-engineering also outlines the requirements and expectations for a rigorous dual pre engineering program. Plus, our program allows you to potentially earn an applied physical science degree from Cumberlands and an engineering degree from an engineering school at the same time. Typically, this dual degree can be completed in five years of study.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A PRE-ENGINEERING DEGREE?
Our pre-engineering courses provide a strong background in both mathematics and physics so that students who transfer to an engineering school are well-prepared for success. Students who have successfully completed our pre-engineering courses then transfer to engineering schools consistently report that they are better prepared for the challenges of engineering than many of their peers.
Engineering students with a solid background in pre-engineering have a number of career options.
- Civil engineers are employed by industry and the government to build structures for society’s use, including everything from skyscrapers to pipelines, from sanitation systems to dams, and from highways to aerospace transportation.
- Electrical engineers design, build, and operate electronic devices, computers, communication systems, and electric power systems.
- Materials engineers study the extraction, processing, refining, combination, manufacture, or use of metals, ceramics, and polymers.
- Mechanical engineers build devices that convert energy to work or work to energy, specializing in dozens of areas from air pollution control to rubber and plastics to underwater technology.
- Mining engineers are involved throughout the mining process in planning and installing not only the mine itself, but roads, drainage, ventilation, pollution controls, safety systems, and land restoration.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect pre-engineering program to fit your needs, let University of the Cumberlands show you the way to design and build your future. Our pre-engineering help prepare you to earn your electrical engineering degree, materials engineering degree, mechanical engineering degree, civil engineering degree and more!
If you want to help design and build the future, fill out the form on this page and find out how pre-engineering at UC can help you change the way tomorrow looks! If you would like more information about careers in engineering, we recommend the following sites:
Visit Us In Person
6178 College Station Drive
Williamsburg, KY 40769
A University of the Cumberlands degree prepares you for the rigors of the professional world. Click the button to learn more about the exciting career opportunities you can pursue with this program.