Athletic Hall of Fame
After considering the many challenges and restrictions presented by COVID-19, we have opted to postpone the Athletic Hall of Fame luncheon and recognition ceremony, scheduled for February 13th, until a later date, likely in early-Fall.
This was not an easy decision to make. Still, we believe it is the best option for protecting the health and well-being of our alumni, guests, and the many individuals who study, live, and work on our campus.
We’ll be in touch as things progress and look forward to a time when we can all celebrate our inductees safely!
The 2021 inductees are:
- Guy Franklin, Class of 1990, Baseball
- Danielle Hoop O’Dell, Class of 2015, Track & Field/Cross Country
- Charlotte Parent, Class of 2015, Swimming
- Neesha Thirumalaichelvam, Class of 2014, Tennis
In 1996, the Alumni Board of Directors established the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame as a way to recognized outstanding athletic accomplishment. Individual alumni and coaches, as well as entire teams, are eligible for induction. Each year, inductees are honored during a half-time ceremony at a University of the Cumberlands (formerly Cumberland College) home game. Members of the Hall of Fame are further honored by having their names inscribed on a bronze plaque, on permanent display in the O.Wayne Rollins Center.
If you would like to nominate a former player, coach or outstanding team for induction into the Hall of Fame, please complete the form below and send it in before June 30th for consideration each year.
Alumni who have:
- Made a significant impact on a particular team, or
- Made a significant impact on the overall athletic program, or
- Exhibited outstanding athletic ability, or
- Attained significant athletic accomplishments.
Teams that have:
- Won a national championship, or
- Had an undefeated record during regular season competition, or
- Received a #1 national ranking.
Coaches who have:
- Made a significant contribution to the personal success of his/her players, or
- Attained significant career accomplishments.
Individuals who have:
- Made an outstanding contribution to support the overall athletic program, or
- Achieved significant athletic accomplishments.
- Alumni may be considered beginning in the sixth year following their projected date of graduation.
- Team eligibility will be determined based on alumni eligibility criteria and any special circumstances.
- Current members of the University of the Cumberlands Coaching staff are not eligible for consideration, unless special circumstances merit.
- individuals may be considered based on significant merit.
- All nominations must meet the eligibility criteria listed above and must be accompanied by documentation of all such criteria.
- Nominations with supporting documentation must be submitted for consideration.
Cumberlands Athletes have competed according to the guidelines determined by the following organizations:
- The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletes (NAIA)
- The Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (KIAC)
- The Mid-South Conference (MSC)
For additional information, contact:
Erica Broome Harris, Chair - Athletic Hall of Fame
Office of Alumni Services
6075 College Station Dr
Williamsburg, KY 40769