University of the Cumberlands has long been a haven for students who are hoping to discover more about who they are and who they want to become. Students who enroll in a traditional program are often craving an experience on campus that will allow them to study hard and socialize with their peers. As such, the college town where their university is located plays a pivotal role in their ability to make the most out of their experience.
Fortunately, those who choose University of the Cumberlands can take advantage of everything Williamsburg, KY, has to offer. There are so many things for college students to do and plenty of opportunities to get involved in the community.
These are the top five reasons why you will love the college experience in Williamsburg, KY:
1. Students Can Enjoy an Active Lifestyle in Williamsburg, KY
As college students enter into adulthood and discover the lifestyle that suits them, many find that fitness and exercise help them stay healthy both physically and mentally. University of the Cumberlands students can quickly adopt an active lifestyle in Williamsburg. This community has been ranked by Barbend as one of the best cities to adopt a fit lifestyle in Kentucky.
One of the reasons that it is ranked as one of the best fit communities in the state is that there are many parks in Williamsburg to explore. Some of these parks include the Cumberland Falls State Park, Briar Creek Park and Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. At these parks, students can go hiking on trails or spend some time doing yoga in a peaceful, natural setting. When you take the time to adopt an active lifestyle during your college years, you likely will carry these good habits with you throughout the rest of your life.
2. The Restaurants in Williamsburg, KY, Offer Delicious and Affordable Dining
Most college students are not known for their cooking skills, and a lot of these young adults prefer to dine out for their meals. While they may be limited by their student-sized budgets, they will be pleased with the many different options for them in Williamsburg, KY.
If you are planning to attend University of the Cumberlands, you may find that these spots become some of your favorite restaurants in Williamsburg, KY:
- Marketplace on Main & 3rd is a business collaborative that includes a coffee shop, a butcher, and a mercantile, and has become a favorite one-stop shopping destination among students. In addition, it also is playing a pivotal role in the revitalization of downtown Williamsburg.
- The Butcher’s Pub is another low-key downtown locale. It’s become a favorite among students who are looking for a tasty meal in a rustic setting reminiscent of a friendly Irish pub.
- The Brick Oven serves up hot, handcrafted, brick oven-baked pizza. Located on Main Street in Williamsburg, t’s the perfect place for students to grab their favorite pizza to share with friends.
3. Williamsburg, KY, Attractions Showcase the Culture of the Community
College students often love learning more about the local culture of the college town where they live. Lucky for you, there are many opportunities for you to explore area attractions in Williamsburg, KY. These are a few of the best attractions in Williamsburg, KY:
- Williamsburg Vendors Mall sells good stuff cheap. You can find just about anything here, from brand-name apparel, to dorm room decorations, to fancy coffee mugs. Items available rotate constantly, so each shopping trip has new surprises.
- Kentucky Splash Water Park and Campground gives students who stick around for the summer an opportunity to cool off in their free time. This outdoor water park features several winding slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool.
- Laurel River Lake can be as peaceful or exciting as students need it to be. With its quiet coves, it’s an ideal place for reflection. Meanwhile, it’s the perfect spot to enjoy all of your favorite water sports.
4. The Temperate Weather Makes Exploring Williamsburg, KY Easy and Fun
Students attending University of the Cumberlands will find that Williamsburg, KY, enjoys four distinct seasons and generally moderate weather. The summers are warm, and the humidity levels can be high; however, the winters are not usually too brutal, with temperatures ranging from 40 to 50 degrees. Most days are described as partly cloudy, which means you can take advantage of plenty of sunshine and daylight as you get out and explore this fantastic college town.
5. University of the Cumberlands is at the Heart of the Community
Like any good college town, University of the Cumberlands plays a central role in the culture of the community. Located in the heart of Williamsburg, KY, much of the development in the city extends from the university. This allows students to feel physically connected to the town that surrounds them and gives them plenty of opportunities to get involved. The history of the university is celebrated within the community, and many of the people who live there full-time are connected to the university on a personal and professional level. There is a mutual respect that exists between the community at large and the university itself.
Whether you are entering college unsure of which major you want to choose or you know exactly which track you want to be on, you will find University of the Cumberlands to be a welcoming campus where you can learn and grow into yourself. You may also find that immersing yourself in the Williamsburg, KY, community will give you an opportunity to become more fully engaged in the college experience.