Google Analytics IQ Certification - BADM 333 Business Analytics
This course provides an introduction to big data analytics for all business professionals, including those with no prior analytics experience. Students will learn how business analytics describe, predict, and inform business decisions in the specific areas of accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing. In the course, students will develop basic data literacy and an analytic mindset that will assist in making strategic and informed decisions based on data. In the signature assessment, students can expect to apply skills learned to interpret a real-world data set and make appropriate business strategy recommendations. Credit, 3 hours
Students complete two tutorial components as a part of this certification:
Google Analytics for Beginners
Students will learn the basic features of Google Analytics including how to create an account, implement tracking code, analyze basic reports, and set up goals and campaign tracking.
Advanced Google Analytics
Students will learn about advanced Google Analytics features including data collection, processing and configuration, and more complex analysis and marketing tools.
Certification can be linked to the following Course Outcomes for BADM 333:
- The student will be able to understand how cutting-edge businesses use data to optimize marketing competencies, maximize revenue, improve operational efficiencies, effectively utilize financial data, and make strategic business decisions.
- The student will be able to develop the ability to ask the right questions of data.
- The student will be able to formulate data analytical models based on practical business problems.
- The student will be able to utilize technology to solve the formulated model.
- The student will be able to interpret results to help managers make intelligent decisions.
- The student will be able to develop communication, leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills.