This executive format Master’s Degree in Strategic Management is comprised of 31 required credit hours with courses delivered in both 8-week bi-term format and 16-week format with a residency component. Each course, except INTR 599, is 3 semester credit-hours and is aligned with the program’s goals. An outline of the Program of Studies for the Executive Master of Science in Strategic Management is provided below:
Strategic Management Courses - 24 Credit Hours Required
- BACC 532 Strategic Management Accounting
- BADM 624 Competitive Strategy
- BADM 625 Mergers and Acquisitions
- BADM 626 Management Consulting
- BADM 631 Managing in a Global Environment
- BADM 632 Advanced HR Management
- BADM 645 Strategic Leadership
- BADM 698 Strategic Management*
* All candidates completing the Executive Master of Science in Strategic Management degree will complete a written Comprehensive Examination at or near the completion of BADM/BUOL 628 Strategic Management (Capstone). Degree candidates must pass all sections of the comprehensive examination to complete the program.
Business Required Courses – 6 Credit Hours Required
Applied Learning Practicum (1 hour each semester of enrollment)
Applied Learning Practicum (1 Credit Hour Each Semester of Enrollment)*
The Applied Learning Practicum can be either (1) an alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, (2) employment in an area directly related to the student’s course of study, or (3) a project conducted in collaboration with program faculty applying coursework to a professional setting. Through this course, the University will have a Collaborative/Cooperative Agreement with all practicum or internship sites before the student is permitted to begin the field placement work. Department approval is required to determine if the placement aligns with the program of study. The course will be repeated in each semester of student enrollment. As an integral part of the executive formatted programs, this course is required every semester in which a student is taking courses.
* For international students within the U.S. for the first time on an F1 student visa and/or have not completed a year-long residency on an F1 student visa in the U.S., this is a required course for applied learning opportunities and success in this highly challenging program necessitates/requires immediate participation.