At University of the Cumberlands, students can earn the MBA in a hybrid format combining online and on-site study. This program requires attendance at weekend residency classes in Williamsburg, Kentucky, and Florence, Kentucky.
Further, the Executive MBA Program meets the needs of international graduate business students. This program provides both in-seat and online coursework. Graduate students joining the Executive MBA program will be employed in business-related positions while attending University of the Cumberlands.
Core Courses – 21 Credit Hours Required
- BACC 531 Managerial Accounting
- BADM 533 Marketing Management
- BADM 534 Managerial Finance
- BADM 535 Managerial Economics
- BADM 577 Business Sustainability, Corporate Governance, and Organizational Ethics
- BADM 582 Business Analytics for Strategic and Organizational Performance
- BADM 638 Strategic Decision
- BADM 699 Capstone (1 credit hour) or INTR 599 Applied Learning Practicum (1 hour)
All candidates completing the Master of Business Administration degree will complete a written Comprehensive Examination in the last semester of their academic program as a graduation requirement.
Business Electives – 9 Credit Hours Required
The MBA Business Electives are designed to develop competent business professionals who are knowledgeable in the various areas of professional practice.
- BADM 538 Management of Investments
- BADM 539 Research and Report Writing
- BADM 631 Managing in a Global Environment
- BADM 632 Advanced Human Resource Management
- BADM 690 Special Projects in Business and Related Subjects
- Other 500-600 level business electives as approved by MBA Program Director
Applied Learning Practicum – 1 Credit Hour Each Semester of Enrollment*
Applied Learning Practicum (1 Credit Hour Each Semester of Enrollment)*
The Applied Learning Practicum can be either (1) an alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, (2) employment in an area directly related to the student’s course of study, or (3) a project conducted in collaboration with program faculty applying coursework to a professional setting. Through this course, the University will have a Collaborative/Cooperative Agreement with all practicum or internship sites before the student is permitted to begin the field placement work. Department approval is required to determine if the placement aligns with the program of study. The course will be repeated in each semester of student enrollment. As an integral part of the executive formatted programs, this course is required every semester in which a student is taking courses.
* For international students within the U.S. for the first time on an F1 student visa and/or have not completed a year-long residency on an F1 student visa in the U.S., this is a required course for applied learning opportunities and success in this highly challenging program necessitates/requires immediate participation.