Executive Ph.D. in Business Admission Requirements
Admission to our University is very competitive as well as selective and we review each application by the same standards.
- Application and Application Fee
- Official Transcripts must be received for all undergraduate and graduate coursework from regionally accredited colleges or universities directly from the issuing college or university
- Doctoral degree admission requires a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5* on a 4.0 scale from the conferred master’s degree as well as in any subsequent graduate study. Admission to a Doctoral degree requires a master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution, in a field related to the doctoral degree of application.
- Any international course work complete must have official transcript evaluations completed and submitted to the University by the evaluation firm. Evaluations MUST include GPA for admission. Approved Evaluation Firms are:
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at regionally accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
- Written Interview/Writing Sample
- Students applying for residency and an F-1 VISA must provide a copy of their current passport.
- Admission to the Executive Program is completed by a review of the above documents
- Upon Admissions to the Executive Program, a non-refundable $250 deposit is required for course registration
All admissions materials should be submitted to International Graduate Admissions:
University of the Cumberlands
International Graduate Services
649 S. 10th Street Suite B
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Toll Free 800.343.1609 ext. 3577
Transfer and Course Credit Policy
A maximum of eighteen semester hours of credit may be transferred from an accredited graduate institution with the approval of the Program Director and the Registrar.
- Transfer credits must be in courses equivalent to courses in the program
- All coursework offered for transfer credit must have been earned within the last five years prior to admission to the program
- Grades for transfer credits accepted into the program do not count in the program GPA