The following items are necessary for admission to the master's level Addiction Counseling Degree Online program:
- Completed Graduate Application and payment of the associated fee
- A completed Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official Transcripts must be received for all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Writing Sample Prompt
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT): 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT): 79
- IELTS: 6
- Submit two Letters of Reference from individuals commenting on the applicants academic and professional potential
All admissions materials should be submitted to Graduate Admissions:
University of the Cumberlands
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street Suite C
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Toll Free 800.343.1609
Previous Education Requirements
Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college showing a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Transfer of Credit Policy
The M.A. in Addiction Counseling degree program requires completion of 60 hours of graduate level work. This is also a requirement for licensure as a Professional Counselor in most states.
A maximum of thirty credit hours of credit may be transferred from a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning. These transfer credits must be in courses determined to be equivalent to courses required in the program. All transfer credits must be approved by the Program Director and the Registrar.