The following items are necessary for admission to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program:
- Completed Graduate Application and payment of the associated fee
- A completed Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
*A 2.5 to 2.9 GPA could be considered for review if the additional essay prompt is completed with the associated Writing Sample
- Official Transcripts must be received for all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Writing Sample Prompt
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or a report from Duolingo. This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at an accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
- Duolingo - 100
- Any international course work completed must have official transcript evaluations completed and submitted to the University by the evaluation firm. Evaluations MUST include GPA for admission.
Approved Evaluation Firms are:
- Submit two Letters of Reference from individuals commenting on the applicants academic and professional potential
All admissions materials should be submitted to Graduate Admissions:
University of the Cumberlands
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street Suite C
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Toll Free 800.343.1609
Previous Education Requirements
Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college showing a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Transfer of Credit Policy
The Online Master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Degree Program requires completion of 60 hours of graduate level work. This is also a requirement for licensure as a Professional Counselor in most states.
A maximum of eighteen credit hours of credit may be transferred from a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning. These transfer credits must be in courses determined to be equivalent to courses required in the program. All transfer credits must be approved by the Program Director and the Registrar.