ONLINE MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP
Take your leadership to the next level with an online master’s degree in organizational leadership. Build on your experience in strategic thinking, problem-solving and motivational leadership in this MS degree program. Learn to tackle near and far-horizon business challenges while you refine your organizational leadership career aspirations.
- What is an MSOL?
- What Can I Do with a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL)?
- Is a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) Worth It?
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Admission Requirements
WHAT IS A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP?
An MS in Organizational Leadership is designed to help professionals navigate entry or advancement within an organization at a leadership level. Coursework examinees all facets of organizational leadership—from human resource management to operational strategy. You’ll develop advanced skills in:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Team leadership
- Analytical thinking and decision-making
- Ethical leadership
Offered as a fully online or an executive format program blending online and onsite study, students can develop organizational leadership approaches for public, private, for-profit, and non-profit settings. Classroom theory is enhanced through applied opportunities, including an Organizational Leadership Capstone course and an Applied Learning Practicum.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A MASTER’S IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP?
With an MS in Organizational Leadership, you can have a meaningful impact on the daily operations and long-range initiatives and goals of your organization in a variety of job roles. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, more than 189,200 new top executives will be added over the next decade. Additionally, this job field offers a lucrative median salary of $98,980.
The organizational leadership career path offers great flexibility, whether you aspire to general leadership or a more specialized role. An MS degree in organizational leadership can equip you to serve in a number of areas, including sustainability, social responsibility, operations, diversity, and much more!
IS A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP WORTH IT?
Earning an MS in Organizational Leadership requires a commitment of time and energy and as a leader, you understand how important this kind of commitment can be to a successful future—for an organization or your own. With this in mind, here are just a few advantages of earning your master’s degree in organizational leadership:
- As you move into or forward in your leadership career within your organization, a master’s degree can help you pursue more lucrative roles or command a higher salary in your current role.
- With an MS in organizational leadership, you can take on leadership challenges in your current role or organization or open up your career to an entirely new opportunity beyond your company or even industry.
- Investing in your leadership education can help you strengthen your impact on your organization and the long-term success of your career.
CURRICULUM AND DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
The online master’s in organizational leadership degree program at University of the Cumberlands is designed to equip professionals to advance in or take on the challenges of a leadership role within their organization.
This MS degree curriculum enhances foundational organizational leadership theory and methodology with an exploration of more specialized areas of leadership, as well as a deep understanding of approaches to leadership in different organizational settings — private, public, for-profit, and non-profit.
Graduates of this program are prepared to:
- Exhibit advanced analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate an ethical leadership approach
- Apply an advanced understanding of organizational leadership theory in the field
- Effectively navigate leadership within a variety of organizational settings
Core Courses – 25 Hours
- LEAD 530 Foundations of Organizational Leadership
- LEAD 531 Introduction to Non-Profit Management
- LEAD 532 Research Methods and Analysis
- LEAD 639 Organizational Leadership Capstone
- BADM 532 Organizational Behavior
- BADM 632 Advanced Human Resource Management
- BADM 631 Managing in a Global Environment
- BADM 645 Strategic Leadership
- LEAD 699 Applied Practical Learning* or INTR 599** (1 credit hour)
Elective Courses - Select Two Courses - 6 Hours
- ADOL 655 Team Leadership
- EDOL 631 Advanced Human Behavior
- CROL 677 Applied Leadership
- ITS 630 Organization Leadership and Decision Making
- ITS 631 Operation Excellence
- HHP 537 Coaching and Fitness Leadership
- HHP 631 Advanced Coaching and Fitness Leadership
- MMOL 634 Christian Leadership Development
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
Admission to our University is very competitive as well as selective and we review each application by the same standards.
- Application and Application fee
- A completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit official transcripts from all applicable colleges/universities attended; must be received directly from the issuing college or university.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of a 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Any international course work completed must have official transcript evaluations completed and submitted to the University by the evaluation firm. Evaluations MUST include GPA for admission.
Approved Evaluation Firms are:
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or a report from Duolingo. This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at an accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
- Duolingo - 100
All admissions materials should be submitted to Graduate Admissions:
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information.
Click here to view a list of faculty.