The Master of Science in Information Technology at University of the Cumberlands focuses on the advanced practice role of the use of predictive analytics to identify cyber threats, employ big data analytics to improving healthcare, and empower smart cities in making data-driven policy changes critical for societal well-being. This program is designed to meet the aggressive demand for qualified data scientists in virtually every sector of the economy, with classes in computer science, data intelligence, analytics, security.
Program of Study
The Master of Science in Information Technology is comprised of the following thirty (30) hours of core required credit hours plus a one (1) hour applied learning practicum.
Core Courses – 30 Credit Hours Required
- ITS 530 – Analyzing and Visualizing Data
- ITS 531 – Business Intelligence
- ITS 532 – Cloud Computing
- ITS 630 – Organization Leadership and Decision Making
- ITS 631 – Operational Excellence
- ITS 632 – Introduction to Data Mining
- ITS 535 - System Analysis and Design
- ITS 536 - Human Computer Interaction and Usability
- ITS 537 - Information Technologies and Mobile Applications
- ITS 538 - Database Systems