Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
It’s not difficult to see and experience the increasing impact the field of Information Technology (IT) has on our plugged-in world, from enabling driverless cars to diagnosing critical diseases. Whether you’re interested in cloud computing, cyber security or systems management, prepare for a future IT field with a degree from UC’s School of Computer and Information Sciences.
The program focuses on areas of IT management, software engineering, cyber security*, and IT infrastructure. Dive deep into concepts of modern technology, the effective use information resources, intellectual research, and how to communicate scientific knowledge. Learn what it takes to develop and implement security policies … manage compliance … create disaster prevention and recovery plans, and more.
What can I do with a degree in IT?
There is a growing need for qualified IT professionals. Your UC degree gives you a solid IT base to pursue certifications, post-graduate work or enter the job force in a number of positions, including:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Computer and Information Research Scientist
- Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Computer Network Architect
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer Network Support Specialist
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Computer Programmer
Pursue a brighter future in IT with a degree from University of the Cumberlands!
* UC has been named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) by the National Security (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). There are just over 200 universities nationwide with CAE-CD designation, and only two other universities in Kentucky included in this elite group.
Phone: (606) 539-4390
Tollfree: (800) 343-1609 ext. 4390
Fax: (606) 539-4534
Visit Us In Person
6985 College Station Drive
Williamsburg, KY 40769