Want to succeed in the global business landscape? Earning a Bachelor of Business Administration online could be the first step to your future—whether you see yourself launching the next innovative company or climbing the ranks of leadership in your current organization. From the convenience of home, you’ll take courses designed to build the business skills and expertise top employers look for.
- What Is an Online Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration?
- What Can I Do with an Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degree?
- Is an Online Bachelor of Business Administration Worth It?
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Mission and Goals
- Admission Requirements
- Pathways for KCTCS Students
An online bachelor’s degree in business administration is an academic program that teaches the core business skills you need to excel at any level. You’ll learn the theory and processes behind leading, managing, and launching successful businesses. Courses in areas such as accounting, financial management, economics, and marketing will prepare you for diverse roles in almost any industry.
Most online business administration degree programs aren’t much different from their traditional counterparts. The main difference is that you’ll study from home—or wherever you choose. Flexible scheduling makes this learning format ideal if you already work full time and seek to advance your career by earning your bachelor’s degree.
After earning a Bachelor of Business Administration online, you could set your sights on management and leadership career paths that call for a business degree. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for professionals such as administrative services and facilities managers, financial managers, and training and development managers is on the rise. A bachelor’s degree is a typical entry-level requirement for these and other management jobs.
After gaining more work experience, you could aspire to a top executive role. These professionals lead departments and organizations, planning strategies to help companies achieve big-picture goals. They often command high pay, earning a median annual salary of $98,980 in 2021.
Finally, consider pursuing a management analyst career path. Analysts help businesses grow and thrive by improving efficiency and identifying areas that need improvement. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this occupation will grow by a projected 14 percent over the next decade—much faster than average.
For many students, earning a Bachelor of Business Administration online is an excellent alternative to a traditional on-campus business degree. Here’s why earning an online business degree from an accredited school is a worthwhile investment in your future:
- Jobs in a growing field. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that management occupations will add over half a million new jobs over the next decade. With a bachelor’s in business administration, you’ll be ready to meet employer demand for skilled business professionals.
- A higher salary. Management jobs pay the highest wage of all the major occupational groups, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median annual salary for management occupations was $123,370 in 2021. Many jobs in this category require a bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline. Compare that with mean annual earnings for all occupations in 2021: $56,310.
- In-demand skills. A business degree teaches versatile skills employers look for in a variety of industries. You’ll graduate ready for roles in fields such as financial planning and management, banking, real estate, management, advertising, public relations, and much more.
- A flexible path. Earning your business administration degree online offers the convenience and flexibility you need to achieve your goals—even while juggling life’s other responsibilities. Studying on your schedule, you’ll prepare to take your career to the next level, drive business innovation in your current organization, or start your own venture.
Ready to take the next step to a rewarding business career? The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of the Cumberlands will prepare you for opportunities in the fast-evolving business world. Designed for undergraduate students and working adults, our accredited online business administration program gives you the convenience and freedom you need to pursue your degree and still live your life.
As a business major, you’ll build a strong foundation in general business topics, taking a total of 36 credit hours in courses such as business analytics, principles of management, business policy and strategy, and more. Along with your online business administration classes, you’ll round out your degree with liberal arts coursework. In addition, you can tailor your program to your goals by choosing a concentration in:
- Business Administration
- Strategic Marketing
As a Hutton School of Business student, you will study with experienced faculty who will help you develop the business acumen and skills you need to stand out to employers. The courses in our accredited online B.S. in Business Administration program deliver high-quality instruction, an accessible support system, the flexibility to advance at a pace that accommodates your schedule, and a vibrant learning community, all of which are hallmarks of our business administration degrees in Kentucky and online. You’ll graduate ready to succeed on the job and actively shape the future of business.
The mission of the Hutton School of Business is to foster academic excellence and student achievement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Students are provided with a strong academic foundation in business, and are prepared to become productive, competent, and ethical professionals. The Hutton School of Business provides a learning environment that is characterized by student-oriented instructional methodologies and the development of leadership and life-long learning skills in its students.
At the Hutton School of Business, the following broad-based goals for students have been developed:
- Students will acquire the relevant disciplinary knowledge and competencies appropriate to their program of study.
- Students will acquire effective business-related professional skills.
- Students will be challenged to assess their personal values and connect them to ethical behaviors appropriate to their intended endeavors.
Based upon these broad-based goals, the Hutton School of Business has identified the following general intended student learning outcomes (HSB ISLO) for bachelor’s-level students:
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, finance, marketing, and management.
- Students will be able to evaluate the global, legal, social, and economic environments of business.
- Students will be able to examine the ethical obligations and responsibilities of the business decision-maker and the business.
- Students will be able to apply decision-support tools and resources for problem solving and business decision-making.
- Students will be able to demonstrate professional business communication skills.
- Students will be able to demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills in the context of organizational decision making.
- Students will be able to demonstrate effective teamwork skills.
- Students will be able to appraise their individual leadership abilities and limitations.
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
In order to be considered for admission to this University of the Cumberlands online program students must complete the following:
- Apply online
- Submit official transcripts from all applicable colleges/universities attended; must be submitted directly to University of the Cumberlands from the issuing institution and must be sealed or unopened.
- If you have 0-11 hours of college credit, an official high school transcript must be submitted showing a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. GED students must provide official scores from the General Education Development Test (GED). Click here for the GED to GPA calculator.
- If you have 12+ hours of college credit, you must submit an official college transcript with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. High school transcripts are not required if you have obtained 12+ hours of college credit.
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or a report from Duolingo. This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at an accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
- Duolingo - 95
All admissions materials should be submitted to:
University of the Cumberlands
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Toll Free: 800.343.1609
In November 2012, University of the Cumberlands and Somerset KCTCS entered into an agreement for business administration students. This agreement provides for a seamless pathway for students completing the Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration at Somerset KCTCS to move towards completion of the Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration through the Hutton School of Business at University of the Cumberlands.
Under this pathway, students who have completed an Associate’s degree in business administration at KCTCS can transfer up to 80 hours of course credit to University of the Cumberlands.
The general requirements for graduation from University of the Cumberlands with the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is the completion of at least 120 semester hours including:
- General education – 37 hours
- Business Administration major – 54 hours
- General electives – 31 hours
Specific degree requirements are accessible on the degree requirements page.
As a part of the requirements for the Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 30 semester hours numbered 300 or above are required for graduation. Students transferring to University of the Cumberlands under this agreement can transfer up to 12 hours of 200-level credit courses to be applied towards the 300-level business administration courses at UC. While these courses apply to the Business Administration core, they will not be counted as 300/400 level coursework.
The academic advisor assigned to the student at the time of their admission to the Business Online Program will work with the student to develop a planned program that lists the courses completed/transferred and a list of courses to be completed. As a part of this process, the academic advisor will also develop the planned program to ensure that a minimum of 30 semester hours numbered 300 or above are identified. An approved copy of the planned program is forwarded to the student.
All of the courses needed to complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration are offered in an online format to accommodate the needs of today’s working adult.
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Tollfree: 800.343.1609 ext. 4390
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information.
The Hutton School of Business at University of the Cumberlands has received specialized accreditations for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11960 Quivira Road in Overland Park, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.
Please review our Public Disclosure of Student Achievement.
Click here to view a list of the business administration faculty.