What's included in your tuition at Cumberlands? Everything!
Our One Price Promise Textbook Program gives you access to all of your course materials; no need to shop around! You can get all the course materials you'll need, right here. You'll receive all your course materials before the first day of class. You'll benefit from a highly personalized concierge service. And it's all at absolutely no cost to you, as part of our One Price Promise tuition model.
How it Works
Register for ClassesOnce you've successfully selected your courses, the bookstore will start preparing your order.
Verify Your OrderBefore classes start, you will receive an email to verify your order and select your fulfillment preference.
Receive Your TextbooksAn email will be sent when your order is ready. Digital materials will be delivered within iLearn.
One Price Promise Textbook Program FAQ
The One Price Promise Text Program is a course materials delivery program that lowers the cost of course materials and ensures students have their required course materials on the first day of class.
- Register for your classes and the bookstore will start preparing your course materials
- One month before classes start, you will receive an email instructing you to select your delivery preference (in-store pickup or shipped directly to you)
- An email notification will be sent when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships
- Your digital materials will be delivered for your course(s) within the LMS
The program provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes and digital textbook versions to all students.
All students will be automatically enrolled in the program.
The deadline to return all rental textbooks is the last day of finals. Students will receive email reminders about the rental deadline to their email address.
Yes, the program provides you with the option to purchase textbooks at a reduced rate during the return period.
Yes, you will still be required to return continuation course textbooks. You will be issued the same title for the next semester of the continuation course.
Students will receive emails and phone calls from the bookstore to remind them to verify their order. Their materials will be held at the bookstore.
They will be returned to the bookstore.
You return the book to the bookstore on the same terms and timelines currently in place. If you drop a class and enroll in a different class, the bookstore will “swap” the required textbooks/codes so that you have what you need. Contact the bookstore for shipping label if needed.
You should have access to those materials by 8am the following morning.
It can take up to 36 hours for you to receive a selection email to order the materials. If you are an online student and the materials have to be shipped to you, allow for that timing also.
Have questions about your books? Reach out to us!
UC has eliminated technology fees and included digital textbooks at no additional cost for all students. But you can opt out, if you'd like.
As part of the Cumberlands Commitment and the One Price Promise implemented in April 2023, University of the Cumberlands eliminated technology fees and included digital textbooks at no additional cost. Students still have the funds in their budget to buy their own books from the Cumberlands bookstore or from an outside vendor.
In accordance with Federal regulations, we must allow all students the ability to opt out of digital textbook rentals.
34CFR668.164 (c) (2) page 67196 (PDF page 72):
(2) An institution may include the costs of books and supplies as part of tuition and fees under paragraph (c)(1)(i) of this section if:
(i) The institution —
(A) Has an arrangement with a book publisher or other entity that enables it to make those books or supplies available to students below competitive market rates;
(B) Provides a way for a student to obtain those books and supplies by the seventh day of a payment period; and
(C) Has a policy under which the student may opt out of the way the institution provides for the student to obtain books and supplies under this paragraph (c)(2).
A student who opts out under this paragraph (c) (2) is considered to also opt out under paragraph (m) (3) of this section.
If a student wishes to purchase their textbooks rather than utilizing their free digital rental books, they may do so, but this will be an out-of-pocket expense that may be covered by financial aid. When opting out of included textbooks, students must keep in mind:
- There is no financial benefit to a student opting out of the free textbook rentals or purchasing their own textbooks. Because the amount allocated for books and supplies in a student’s cost of attendance has not been reduced, students still have a budget of up to $700 per semester to purchase copies of their books.
- If a student wishes to purchase additional, non-required course materials over $700 per semester, they may complete a professional judgment for a budget increase through their Workday account. If a student decides to submit a professional judgement for a budget increase, they must include receipts and necessary documentation of their purchase. After the Financial Aid office receives the professional judgement form and necessary documentation, it is the sole responsibility of the appeals committee to approve or deny the student’s request. If approved, a student will see an increase in their cost of attendance and, if eligible, an increase in their offered financial aid. An increase in the cost of attendance does not guarantee an increase in offered financial aid.
- Students who opt out of the provided textbooks will be responsible for ensuring they purchase all required books and materials for their course, and that the purchased textbooks are the correct edition.