DSc Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, Colorado Technical University
MA Computer Technology and Resources Management, Webster University
BS Business Administration, Claflin University
AS Computer Technology, Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
Dr. Charles DeSassure is a Professor of Computer Science and Coordinator of the Cybersecurity Program at Tarrant County College, Southeast Campus, Arlington, TX. He joined the college in 2001. He has received teaching honors, publications, and makes presentations at educational conferences. Before Dr. DeSassure's higher education career, he worked ten years in Corporate America, where he traveled nationwide, addressing computer networking and security solutions for clients. He has had experience as an MIS manager, system analyst, field technology analyst, microcomputer specialist, and LAN administrator.
- 2019 Innovations in Cybersecurity Education, National Cyberwatch Center
- Consulting Editor, Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Microsoft Official Academic Course; Exam 70-685), Wiley and Sons Publishing Company, 2011.
- Selected Invited Presentations
- “What is Remind.” Presented at the International Conference on Teaching & Leadership Excellence (NISOD) Conference, Austin Convention Center, Austin, Texas, May 27-30, 2016.
- “So, You Want To Have Virtual Office Hours?.” Presented at the Tarrant County College District Academics Day, Fort Worth Convention Center, Fort Worth, TX, August 23, 2012.
- “Developing a Supportive Educational Community for Students.” Presented at the International Conference on Teaching & Leadership Excellence (NISOD) Conference, Austin Convention Center, Austin, Texas, May 27-30, 2012.