Get Set to Take Your Next Step!
REGIONALLY ACCREDITED | COLLEGE OF DISTINCTION | MILITARY FRIENDLY
- Undergraduate courses begin at $199 per credit hour | Graduate courses begin at $315 per credit hour
- No cost to apply
- No GRE required
- FREE transfer credit evaluation
- FREE acceptance of approved transfer credit
Complete your degree Online or On-Campus
Transferring to University of the Cumberlands doesn’t have to be a challenge. We’re dedicated to offering a quality education at an affordable price. Our policies for admission and credit transfer were designed with you in mind. We want the transfer process to be as seamless as possible so you know:
- What credits will be applied to your degree.
- How long you’ll be enrolled.
- How much it will cost you.
- Available scholarships - Check out our Raise Me website, create your profile, and learn how on-campus transfer students can maximize scholarship amounts!
Ready to learn more? Email email@example.com or call 606.539.4372.
Students with a completed AA, AS, or AAS degree from a regionally-accredited institution are guaranteed admission into UC!
<span id="stepOne">Step 1: Complete the Online Transfer Application</span>
Step 2: Request Official Transcripts
Official Transcripts will be needed before enrolling in courses
Submit Unofficial Transcripts to be conditionally admitted:
- 0-11 hours of college credit: an official high school transcript must be submitted showing a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. GED students must provide official scores from the General Education Development Test (GED). Additionally, official college transcripts will be required for candidates seeking transfer credit.
- 12+ hours of college credit: you must submit an official college transcript with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. High school transcripts are not required if you have obtained 12+ hours of college credit.
- Military Credits: you will need to submit your Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript.
- Any additional information as may be required by the University.
Step 3: Degree Completion Plan
Degree Completion will be discussed once transcripts have been evaluated by the registrar.
Evaluate Your Transfer Credit
University of the Cumberlands offers a great place to build on your past college work. We welcome the fresh perspectives and diverse experiences that transfer students bring to the UC community. As you explore the opportunities available to you at University of the Cumberlands, we hope you will find UC as the place where you want to complete your degree!
UC strives to be a transfer-friendly institution. We value your past academic experience and will accept as many transfer credits as possible. Below are a few of the highlights of our transfer policies and agreements.
Use the search (TES) below to see which courses will come into your UC program! Or, make it easy and submit your unofficial transcripts for an evaluation!
<span id="submitTranscripts">Submit Your Transcripts for Review</span>
<span id="searchCredits">Search Transfer Credits</span>
Cumberlands uses the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) giving you the ability to see if your courses will transfer. If you cannot find your courses in the TES tool, please submit your transcripts for review.
*Information Technology students can transfer these certifications for course credit
<span id="kctcs">KCTCS Course-by-Course Equivalency</span>
Many of Cumberlands bachelor degree programs are designed as a seamless pathway from associate degrees. UC wants you to receive credit for what you have earned. Here are a few highlights to UC’s transfer policy in relation to KCTCS students.
ALL applicable KCTCS credits will transfer!
UC will accept any coursework taken at the 100-level or above from a KCTCS institution as long as they can be applied toward your UC Degree program. Any credits not necessary for completion of your UC Degree will not need to be accepted.
Are you an Education major with clinical hours?
In addition to accepting your credits, with Department Chair approval, UC will review your clinical hours and work to help you transfer those that are applicable toward your Elementary Education or Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education program!
<span id="agreements">Articulation Agreements & Pathways</span>
AT UC THERE IS A PATH FROM ANY ASSOCIATES TO A BACHELORS
|UC Bachelors||+ 60-68|
|Hours Required for Bachelors at UC = 120 Hours|
|* Number of hours taken at UC will depend on courses transferred as part of Associates and Major chosen at UC. Submit your transcripts today for a review.|
Undergraduate Students can transfer up to 75% of their degree plan into UC
|Total hours required (min.)||Maximum # of transfer hours|
|Bachelors of Science||120||96|
|Bachelors of Applied Science||120||90|
|Associates of Science||61||45|
|Associates of Applied Science||60||45|
UC will accept any coursework taken at the 100-level or above from a regionally-accredited institution as long as they can be applied toward your UC Degree program. Any credits not necessary for completion of your UC Degree will not need to be accepted.
*Credits from a nationally accredited school may be reviewed and accepted on a case-by-case basis. UC will accept all credits so long as they can be applied toward your degree program. Excess credits may not be accepted.
If UC has an articulation agreement with your institution, you can also view this information HERE.
General Education Complete!
Students who have obtained certification from sending institution with General Education Full Certification, or General Education Core Certified may be qualified for General Education Complete status. Some programs do require additional General Education/Related Studies courses as part of program-specific curriculum. In these cases, the students must still complete any courses that are specifically required within the student’s major.