Online Associate of Applied Science in Sport & Exercise Science
Help improve the health and fitness of your community with an associate-level sports science degree. In the Associate of Applied Science in Sport and Exercise Science program at University of the Cumberlands, you’ll study online with caring and experienced faculty who will help you build a strong academic foundation in sport science. This online sports science degree will introduce you to the health, exercise, and sports science field and provide a functional understanding of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology.
You'll also develop an awareness of the process of human growth and movement development, a greater understanding of exercise physiology concepts, and an appreciation of how issues in sport history impact our health and sport performance. With this degree you will have the opportunity to learn a variety of skills necessary to help individuals live healthier lives.
What can I do with an Exercise Science AAS Degree?
There are many exercise science-related jobs for an industry professional armed with the right education. Upon completion of the sports science associate of applied science degree program, there are an array of career options for you to explore, including fitness center trainer, opening a personal training business, or coaching a sports team.
You might also consider continuing your education by pursuing a bachelor's degree in exercise science or some other advanced degree, such as fitness and sport management or coaching.
Is an Associate of Applied Science the Right Sports Science Degree for You?
Many careers you'll pursue in the field of exercise science do not require a degree. However, earning a degree will help your resume stand out in a competitive field. The online associate degree program is designed to focus on specific industry skills, taking less time to complete than a bachelor's—helping you enter the field more quickly and cost-effectively. However, a bachelor’s degree provides a deeper examination of the field while helping you develop professional skills that can translate into any career field.
In other words, an associate of applied science sports science degree program will help you develop the strong foundational knowledge needed to successfully work in the field of exercise science, while a bachelor's degree will provide a more thorough, well-rounded education. It may also look stronger on a resume than an associate education.
Which degree program is right for you depends on your financial situation, career prospects, and time commitment.
An associate's degree in sports science can be earned with only 24 hours of coursework. Click here to view the degree requirements.
Costs for programs of study at University of the Cumberlands are competitive and affordable. Click here to view tuition rates and fees.
In order to be considered for admission to this University of the Cumberlands online program students must complete the following:
- Apply online
- Submit official transcripts from all applicable colleges/universities attended; must be submitted directly to University of the Cumberlands from the issuing institution and must be sealed or unopened.
- If you have 0-11 hours of college credit, an official high school transcript must be submitted showing a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. GED students must provide official scores from the General Education Development Test (GED). Click here for the GED to GPA calculator.
- If you have 12+ hours of college credit, you must submit an official college transcript with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. High school transcripts are not required if you have obtained 12+ hours of college credit.
- Documentation of language fluency for non-native speakers of English, such as a score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the 8 International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or a report from Duolingo. This requirement is waived for students who have completed bachelor’s or master’s level coursework in the U.S. at an accredited institution. The minimum acceptable TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission are:
- Paper-based TOEFL (PBT) - 550
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) - 79
- IELTS - 6
- Duolingo - 95
All admissions materials should be submitted to:
University of the Cumberlands
Graduate & Online Admissions
649 S. 10th Street
Williamsburg, KY 40769
Toll Free: 800.343.1609
Click here to view University of the Cumberlands' accreditation information.
If you're researching schools that offer exercise science majors or want to learn more about requirements for online exercise science and sports science degree programs, we’re here for you. Let’s talk about our test-optional college admissions process, scholarship opportunities, and more! Fill out the form on this page and become the health expert your community deserves.
Visit Us In Person
649 S. 10th Street Suite C
Williamsburg, KY 40769
A University of the Cumberlands degree prepares you for the rigors of the professional world. Click the button to learn more about the exciting career opportunities you can pursue with this program.