Undergraduate students, want to learn more? Check out the resources below or connect with a Writing Fellow.
Email The Learning Commons at email@example.com to schedule your one on one session.
Needing to find research for a class paper or project? That can be as easy as a search in UC Library databases. Library resources offer a better quality of information and more of those quality resources in one place.
Getting Started with the Library: Databases
Library tutorials: Searching, Advanced Searching, Citation Linker
Research Skills - Learn More
As a UC student, you will have access to Grammarly Premium today for free! What is Grammarly, you ask? Grammarly is your new silent, personal editor to help you take your writing from alright to amazing! Watch this video to see what it can do.
Accessing Grammarly Accounts: University of the Cumberlands provides all students with a Premium Grammarly account. To access your account access OneLogin and locate the Grammarly tile to login. (Tip: Choose the "Company: Everything" tab to locate Grammarly) Need help with Grammarly? Contact the Learning Commons at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of using Grammarly:
- Choose the writing style that best fits your assignment or your audience (think formal, informal, general) to receive custom feedback for your chosen style
- With Grammarly vocabulary enhancements, to can revise your phrasing to add clarity and choose a writing style that sounds more like your awesome self.
- Want to be sure your words are shining through, and you’re not using too much research? Grammarly’s plagiarism checker can help you with that too.
- Run your discussion posts for your online classes through Grammarly, check vocabulary on job application materials and social media posts, and add it to your phone. Grammarly can save you from autocorrect’s cruelty.
Access downloadable, reusable tip sheets for guidance on writing challenges college students face like:
- Citation guides
- Getting Started on a Paper
- Comma rules
- Avoiding Plagiarism
You can find these Tip Sheets and more in The Learning Commons in iLearn. Within The Learning Commons, click on Writing Center on the left navigation menu. Then click on College Writing.