Skip to main content

International Graduate Student Forms

  • Executive Structure
    Provides an overview of the executive course format, as well as course residency locations, and the internship requirement.
  • INTR Requirement
    Please refer to this document for an explanation of why INTR is required for each semester of enrollment.
  • Student ID Request Form
    Your ID card is required to document your attendance at orientation, as well a future residency days. You will need to use your UC student email and password to request an ID card. 
  • F-2 Request Form 
    F-1 student requesting for a dependent please complete the F-2 request form and provide proper documentation.
  • CPT Application - Initial and Renewal 
    Application should be completed when requesting new Curricular Practical Training placement or a change in placement.
  • STEM Applications and Reporting 
  • SSN Card Form 
    Once a student has received a SSN, this form should be  completed to submit to the University. This is required for CPT participation.  
  • OPT Application (Please allow 10 business days for processing of your OPT application) 
    Applications for Optional Practical Training can be submitted up to 90 days before your program end date and no later than 60 days after your program end date. A delayed application may result in delayed work authorization and/or loss of full OPT eligibility (12 months) due to the three-month processing time by USCIS. Once your OPT request has been processed, you will receive an email update with shipping instructions.
  • OPT Employment Notification Form - Please allow 10 business days for processing
    Must be submitted when a student on initial OPT obtains employment (including changing OPT employers). Do not submit this form if you are on STEM OPT. Students on initial OPT are still required to update their employment information on their SEVP Portal, but must notify the DSO of the employment change as well. Failure to report employment via the SEVP Portal, and the OPT Employment Notification Form could result in possible SEVIS termination.  
  • DMV Request Form
    DMV Letter Request for currently enrolled students. Students applying for a driver’s license should be prepared to present the below listed documents to the DMV (if applicable).
    *The DMV address on the letter is the address for the main DMV headquarters in your state. You can take the letter to any DMV office in the state.*
    1. Valid passport with visa (if applicable)
    2. Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record”
    3. Form I-20 (for an F or M student)
    4. EAD card (Form I-766 “Employment Authorization Document”), if on post-completion OPT
    5. Form I-797, “Notice of Action,” in cases of a change of status (e.g., from F-1 to H-1B)
    6. Social Security number (SSN) on a Social Security card or a Social Security Administration (SSA) Form SSA-L676, “Refusal to Process SSN Application.” Please visit this SSA website for more information.
  • Semester Break Request Form
    This form should be completed when a student is requesting to take a full semester off from their studies. Please do not submit this application if you are on H-1B status. Semester break applications for the Fall 2020 term will open on July 6, 2020 and close on August 20, 2020.  
  • Program Extension Request
    You are expected to complete your program by the program end date listed on your SEVIS record. If completing by this date is not possible for you, you must submit a request for a program extension at least 30 days before your current completion date. If you fail to follow the program extension guidelines your program end date will not be extended and you will no longer be eligible for work authorization. Additionally, you will not be eligible to continue as an F1 student until you apply for reinstatement with USICS.
  • Request to Change Programs Application
    This application should be completed when a student is requesting to change programs at UC without completing their current program. If you wish to complete one program and start a new one, please submit a new application; this is not the correct form for you. Change of Program applications for PhD admission closes on July 26, 2020. Change of Program applications for Master’s admission closes August 30, 2020.
  • Process for Letter of Invitation
    To be used if you would like to invite your relatives to visit you in the U.S. 
  • H-1B Requests for Evidence
    Please use this information if you have a pending H1-B case and have received an RFE. 
  • Travel Information
    Please refer to this information for assistance with travel-related questions and documents.
  • UC Affidavit of Support
    To be completed if you are applying for a Form I-20 and are submitting financial documents that are not in your name.  
  • Graduation Invitation Form
    Generate an invitation letter to the US Embassy inviting up to 5 family members or friends to attend your graduation ceremony. This invitation is not necessary for friends or relatives already in the U.S. Application will close on March 18, 2021.
  • Request for Reduced Course Load - Fall 2020
    To be completed if a reduced course load is needed for the fall 2020 semester. Application will close on September 1, 2020.
  • Request to Withdraw from Courses
    Please submit this form ONLY if you want to completely withdraw from courses at UC. If you just want to drop a course and add another, DO NOT SUBMIT THIS FORM. Please work with your academic advisor to adjust your schedule and ensure you maintain your status. We advise you to always consult with your academic advisor and DSO before making any changes to your schedule. Please review the school’s Refund Policy & Cancellation Information before requesting to withdraw.