University of the Cumberlands reviews and accepts applications for the Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling degree program year-round. We operate on bi-term: two in fall, two in spring and two in summer. Qualified applicants can start their addiction counseling degree classes at the beginning of any bi-term.
The Master's in Addiction Counseling Degree Online program requires completion of 60 hours of graduate-level work.
A maximum of 30 semester hours of credit may be transferred from a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning. These transfer credits must be in courses determined to be equivalent to courses required in the program. All transfer credits must be approved by the Program Director and the Registrar.
Counseling Core Courses - 48 Credit Hours Required
- COUN 530 Introduction to the Counseling Profession
- COUN 533 Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- COUN 534 Lifestyle and Career Development
- COUN 535 Psychological Assessment in Clinical Practice
- COUN 536 Human Growth and Development
- COUN 537 Etiology and Diagnosis of Mental Disorders
- COUN 539 Theories in Counseling
- COUN 632 Advanced Clinical Assessment
- COUN 633 Counseling during Grief and Crisis
- COUN 636 Theory and Practice of Multicultural Counseling
- COUN 637 Group Counseling
- COUN 638 Research Methods and Program Evaluation
- COUN 639 Theories & Techniques for Treatment of Process Addictions & Substance Abuse
- COUN 645 Counseling Practicum (100 hours)
- COUN 648 Addiction Counseling Internship I (300 hours)
- COUN 649 Addiction Counseling Internship II (300 hours)