Skip to main content

Admitted International Students

Congratulations on your admission to the University!  Now that you are admitted, you need to complete several additional steps in order to receive your I-20 and apply for your F-1 student visa. All non-immigrant visitors are required to have a valid visa (*except Canadians) in their passport to be allowed entry into the U.S.   For general information, see the U.S. Department of State website.

To Get An F-1 Entry Visa:

1. Obtain I-20 (F-1) From  The University Of The Cumberlands

  • You will receive an I-20 form directly from your Admissions Counselor for completion.
  • Submit your financial documentation to the Office of Admissions that demonstrates funding for your first year of enrollment.   
  • If you have dependents traveling to the US with you, complete F2 dependent request form.
  • Complete the MyEduDocs request (see below for more information)

2. Check The Current Wait Times For Visa Appointments And Issuance In Your City.

3. Pay The SEVIS Fee.

4. Make A Visa Appointment And Go To An Interview At A U.S. Embassy Or Consulate.

*Canadian Citizens: Canadian citizens are not required to apply for a visa to enter the U.S. as an F-1, but must still pay the SEVIS Fee and present their I-20 at the port of entry to the US.


Visa Appointments

Read the U.S. Department of State web site for more information about the visa application process and Temporary Visitors to the U.S.

Visa Wait Times

Since visa processing times can be very lengthy, please make the appointment as early as possible. Consulate offices will typically accept appointments up to four months prior to the start of studies. There may be long waiting periods for appointments during peak times (May through August). Check The Current Wait Times For Visa Appointments And Issuance In Your City.

Visa Interviews

When going to the visa interview, be sure to bring:

  • Passport (valid at least six months into the future)
  • Certificate of Eligibility I-20 (F-1)
  • Your admission letter from the University of the Cumberlands
  • Evidence of financial support
  • Visa application forms and fees
  • SEVIS Fee Receipt (F-1)

*Please note, some consulates may require additional documentation, so check the consulate web site for visa application instructions.



The UPS mailing cost must be paid directly to MyEduDocs shipping service by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover cards only). To request express mailing of your documents, go to the following secure website: 

Please carefully enter your identifying information when registering for an account with MyEduDocs.  

Please pay close attention to the information submitted, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay of your I-20 being mailed.

If you have questions about how to use this service, please contact the DIGS Office.